sexta-feira, 16 de outubro de 2009

Black love gives way to Blue love


I think that love is black. A real deep black, sometimes like anger or rage: dark, sad and melancholic. At first it is I think, and if you don’t fight that love that comes from your brain it always will be black. And no one would like to be the target of that dark love.
When I talk about dark love I’m talking about the need of possession, the need of attention, jealousy and all those feelings we have tried sometime in our life. If you are madly, deeply in love for a short time you will experience these kinds of feelings, then, if you don’t trust the person you love those feelings will always come to surface: a black opaque surface like oil. It slips through your fingers but leaves marks and they are hard to disappear. You know? Friendship is the foundation of love, and someone told me that friendship is like a flower, you need to water it, expose it to sun and treat her with delicacy, if you sprinkle the flower with that crude, that black and concentrated oil you will kill it. What I mean by killing it is just that you will lose the person you love and you will have always that sentiment that hurts a lot, sometimes rejection, delusion and sadness generally.
Yes, you need a change. And that change is when “black gives way to blue”. (I am writing this text because I’m listening to the new album of Alice in chains with this song beautifully closing the album.
I don’t mean that blue which chock, and hurts our eyes. I mean the ocean blue, that deep blue full of emotion. That’s the color of love, and not red. Red is passion in my opinion. Love is so much more complex. You really need to trust somebody to give her this love. It’s much more than say “I love you”, it’s actions, beautiful actions.

“Lay down, black gives way to blue
Lay down, I'll remember you”

It’s the action of laying down, and expect it to come, it’s the act of waiting and have patience, with no dark feelings, just go with the flow you know. It’s the act of remembering even when sleeping or doing your everyday stuff. Oh, you know, there are things you should not describe. Let me just say that you know if you love someone when the love you feel is blue. That slow, calm, thick and consistent blue that you can watch and dream just by looking at. It’s a thing you feel, you don’t describe.
Concluding just let me tell you, if you have a relationship and you feel that way or if you love someone that way, you are someone blessed and a great person, because it is really, really hard to be so altruistic, giving love with wanting nothing in return. If you are one of those people, I bow down to you because you achieved something I have not achieved yet, but I feel that I am really, really close. My love has always been blue, but a choking blue, not a warm and deep blue that I want now.

Sem comentários: