domingo, 25 de outubro de 2009

Muryan and Blind Zero at Fundação A Lord

What a gorgeous night. It was raining so hard I barely saw the road with my bad windshield full of marks. Remember me to clean the car next time, please. Well, it was obviously fun to make so many kilometers to see Blind Zero, but I made them with extreme pleasure. When I arrived at the foundation it were 9 o’clock and it was supposed to start at that time, nevertheless they only opened the doors around 10. Well I was tired, but I didn’t mind. I love Blind Zero since 1998 when I was just 9 years old, and wait one more hour to see them is just a small sacrifice to my legs, even if it was for the sixth time. (Yes I paid 10€ to see them for the sixth time).
Like me the around two hundred persons had paid the same and have filled the amphitheater. So it obviously should worth the money. And I say to you that it was the best spent 10€ in a long time, and coming from someone so hooked to the money like me is a strong sentence.
Well I was born in Lordelo, it is the city in my heart, my roots are there, and even not living there it is with extreme pleasure that I go there every once in a while. And Lord, well it is more than a foundation it is an electrical cooperative which is the engine of the city. There are two similar cooperatives and the only ones in the country are A Lord and Celer right in the next city, Rebordosa. They are rich cooperatives which help the population at the various levels, being above all a philanthropic organization.
Back to the old cinema from the eighties, now reconverted to a beautiful and modern amphitheatre we started with Muryan, a band with nine years from Ovar. Well, in my research I found nothing about them, so they must be pretty in the underground scene of rock. Anyway, they have a pleasant alternative rock or alternative metal. I say metal and rock because they reminded me a lot of the first albums of Incubus. Quick and sometimes slow. Heavy and sometimes smooth. But there was too much confusion of sounds in my opinion, and the tracks where too long. I didn’t know at the time if they were still playing the same song or if they passed right to the next one without even stopping. But it was a good appetizer overall indeed. I hope they have more mainstream success notwithstanding that they are a little late in this scene of the alternative rock.
Then they passed the folder to Blind Zero. I can’t stop realizing how good as a band they are. They look just like a family which makes music with closed eyes. Beautiful. Hearing those tracks from 2003, 1998,…brought so many memories. So many wonderful memories. Some sad and some happy. Some riffs make my spine shiver just like that. I always associated Blind Zero with night, emotions, love and mystery and it was what made the difference to me. But then, Luna Park, “Two Days” a revitalizing song from the forthcoming album, and then of course “Slow time love”. Oh so beautiful, so full of hope. Damn I wish I had someone to hold in those moments or someone who had the same smile like I had on my face at that time or even just the same sense of obfuscation like I had. Damn I can remember Zé Nuno, Manekinhas, Rui, Fábio, Pedro,… Blind Zero makes me miss my friends that even not liking what I like are there enjoying because I just enjoy it.
Finishing like I said during the concert, Blind Zero are smashing, fantastic, chimerical, fanciful, stupendous, unreal, whimsical, excellent and a joy to behold.

1 comentário:

Martchela disse...

Bem...
Jamais poderia considerar-te louco ou algo similar por veres Blind Zero 6 vezes e, mesmo assim pagares 10 euros... este foi o meu 7º concerto de Blind Zero deste ano[e já lá vão uns bons anos desde o primeiro]!!! Não faço ideia de quantas vezes este ritual já se repetiu mas não me canso de os ver, ouvir, sentir, viver... há coisas na vida que valem a pena seja por aquilo que realmente são ou apenas pelo que nos permitem ser ou pensar ser nem que seja só por uns breves momentos de infinita felicidade!

Beijoca, Marcela de Sousa