segunda-feira, 5 de outubro de 2009

The Fixer - backspacer review


In the last month I’ve listened to the new cd of Pearl Jam a lot. It's called Backspacer.

Well, at a first look backspacer is a joy to behold in what I call the "music world today". Most of the bands play and record sad songs, with slow tempos when the song is about love or life in general, being generally sad and lonely we become depressed. On the other hand, some bands worship gods, monsters or devils with heavy, dark, emotional, quick or slow metal. Well there are two sides and nothing in the middle. That bothers me. And for a long time I´ve been looking for something balanced and good-tempered. Well I've found it.

From the roots of the grunge, from the early nineties, here they come again, Pearl Jam: decent, canny, full of energy. A beautiful rock which we can dance to the sound of.

Fixer is the first single, I see others coming but it is the first one, and the song I like the most.

Well it transmits a message full of energy. Along with revitalizing "yeah yeahs" there are some part of the lyrics that I would like to explore.

"When something’s dark, let me shed a little light on it
When something’s cold, let me put a little fire on it
If something’s old, I wanna put a bit of shine on it
When something’s gone, I wanna fight to get it back again"

Yeah that's it. I want to give light to things. I want to be fire and shine, and above all I want to fight for the things I love. Such a beautiful message in the world of rock, which is always so sad, leading us to thoughts about death and destruction. No Pearl Jam stopped it. Thank you.

"When something’s broke, I wanna put a bit of fixing on it
When something’s bored, I wanna put a little exciting on it
If something’s low, I wanna put a little high on it
When something’s lost, I wanna fight to get it back again "

Again. I want to fix things, be exciting, I wanna live happy and once again fight for the things I've lost. What the hell? Everyone says: no! You can't, that grade is too high, that girl is too much for you, and you can't have that car. No way! Fight for it!

"When signals cross, I wanna put a little straight on it
If there’s no love, I wanna try to love again”

That's right. Keep always things simple. No crosses, only straights. And love. Love, be loved and spread it along the world. Strawberries Fields Forever isn’t it?

Well, by this time you can deduce that I felt in love with this song. And right you are if you think so. It's my alarm clock ringtone and it makes me lift up from bed at seven AM full of energy.

Thank you Vedder and Pearl Jam for this piece of heaven and relief coming from the nineties.

Now I realize how old I am getting. I loved the music from the nineties. It was so happy sometimes.

Stories to another time.

Sem comentários: