terça-feira, 27 de outubro de 2009

Nightmare

She is hearing voices. Yes she is. Horrible voices. She can’t sleep and just crawls by night. By day the voices don’t let her live neither. Staring down the street she sees a blurry avenue full of black dressed gentleman with no face passing her by and muttering senseless words. She stands there useless, powerless. The world is passing her by. She is in a square, she can’t leave it. Take a step outside is risking being drowned by those indistinct individuals.

- What am I?

- You are you.

- How certain of that am I?

- You will never be.

- How can I be happy then?

- You will never be happy.

- So what am I doing in this world?

- You are rotting until the day your day arrives.

- Am I suffering then?

- Yes you are. You will only stop suffering when you die.

- If it is as you say why is there a God looking for us?

- Darling, there is no God, and no salvation, just me.

- And what are you?

- I am your imagination. Your inner you.

- May I kill you?

- If you kill yourself maybe you do. We are one and as one we die.

- Where am I then?

- You are in your square. You can’t leave. You can’t be happy. And you will rot in it.

- So…

- When you die, I’ll die with you and nothing more exists than that.

- So is this just it?

- Yes, a lot of suffering.

- No chance of being happy then?

- No, no chance at all my love.

- Let us stop end it then.

- Yes I see you stopped questioning. You are unhappy the solution is obvious. Believe me it just takes a little courage.

- Yes you are right.

She took all her courage and took the rope lying next to her.

Then she climbed back to the light.

No shadows, just a beautiful dawn, with the sun behind some clouds playing hide and seek.

Oh beautiful world. Your beautiful sounds and your beautiful people. How is it possible to them to be so different? How is it possible for us to fight the demons inside our heads? How is it possible to even imagine them with such a beautiful place to live?

Yes, in the moment she woke up she had fought her imagination to death. She realized that there is no reason to be unhappy. There is just no reason.

“Darling, come down! Breakfast time.”

She is hearing voices. Yes she is. Beautiful voices.

Sem comentários: